RIP Chardonnay

Gigi_The_Chicken

Songster
Aug 18, 2021
Vermont
This morning I walked into the coop to find poor Chardonnay frozen solid. She was in the corner of the coop with her head tucked away, and looked as if she was sleeping. She is in a way, just permanently.

It was 30 below zero last night, and she hadn’t been on the roost when I checked them. I thought she was up for a drink of water, but I found her huddled up alone on the floor this morning.

All three heaters were on high, and thank god her sisters were okay. I don’t know what compelled her to stay there, she had been doing fine beforehand. It’s a little hard to accept that she’s gone.

Despite her aggressive nature and violent tendencies, she was still my little dinosaur and will be greatly missed.
EBE73902-E4B5-4717-90A0-9A21360D8B76.jpeg
6CA3D651-E63F-4A00-B35F-3314BDB6C457.jpeg

We loved you, Chardonnay

Last edited:
She was pretty.

Lost my girl Pea yesterday. She had an unexpected stroke. Will be doing a necropsy tomorrow to find out if there was anything else that went wrong besides that.View attachment 3395817
I'm sorry.
She looks so young, but she's in a better place. I like to think that they're all together, digging for worms, eating pumpkins 😢🥲

Back
Top Bottom