RIP Honeybun

melodie_a

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Sanford, NC
We lost one of our original 3 girls last night. Honeybun who was a red sex-link hen was laying out in the run this morning when my husband let the dogs out. She had seemed a little off for a couple of weeks now, but she was still running around eating and laying eggs. I thought that she might feel lighter when I picked her up the day before yesterday but I am getting used to my big heavy brahmas so I thought maybe it was just that they are SO much bigger it made her feel really light.

hit.gif
I am so sad to lose her, she was the sweetest hen ever. She would always come up for treats and loved to eat out of your hand and would talk back to you when you talked to her. I loved finding her big brown eggs, our other red sex link has never laid an egg so she was our only darker brown egg layer. She is the first loss that we have really had since I started taking care of the chickens. I don't know how old she was, she was already full grown and laying when we got her and we have had her for almost 4 years.

RIP Honeybun We will miss you!

Thank you! It was so sad to go out to the run this afternoon and not find her waiting at the door with everyone else ready for treats.

Back
Top Bottom