RIP little eggs

coffeemama

Barista Queen
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Oregono
Well, after all of the other people on my hatching date thread have had chicks hatch, and I have seen/heard nothing out of my eggs, I decided to risk it and candle them last night on day 21. I saw no movement
hit.gif
, and they look like they stopped growing on about day 18 when I had a 103 degree temp. spike. It's pretty upsetting, but I'm getting a new bator that I'll set up in a more stable room, and I'm getting 3+ dozen eggs in a few weeks. I am hoping that the Genesis makes a difference for my because the LG was a waste of money IMO. I had to mess with the temp gauge on it way to much. Lesson learned.

I am so sorry to hear about your eggs -- I understand that pain all to well - I also have an LG and I had ducks eggs the darn bator had to spikes 110 & 112 I lost my babies on Day 16 -- so I set more and moved the bator into another room and I am due to have these babies hatch anyday now we are on Day 27 today. I also had to keep messing with the temps turning the thing up and down all the time.

Good luck with your new bator and next set of eggs

Julie

You are not alone. My orp hatch has failed and I have no idea why.

Clean up the mess and blow your nose. More eggs are waiting for you to try again. Hatching is a learning process and many of us fail. It is not just beginners.

As a beginner, getting ready to dispose of more eggs than actaully hatched, this is sadly reassuring Miss Prissy. Because I WILL be trying again!!

Even the most experienced hatchers so have their failures, especially with shipped eggs! Sometimes we know why and sometimes we don't. Just keep "getting back on the horse" till you have the birds you want. Eventually, you'll only need to hatch from your own flock and it will be a while before you need to bring in new blood.

I would not give up one eggs just because you cannot see movement.... Especially on day 21. I had eggs I did not see movement in and they were fine. I think sometimes you don't see movement because there is not much room to move.

I am so sorry about your eggs. :aww It has been so nice, you have been so supportive of everyone else during this time - Its not a perfect experience at all, we keep learning more as we go along, so think of the future and those eggs that are waiting for you! Take care

I would never give up on day 21....I've had eggs hatch out on day 25 when temps have been unstable or low....Just because you see no movement is not a reason to give up...my opinion..

I had a doz. eggs from Gordie of his black orps. All dead in the shell. The air cell look strange and they never pipped into it. Temps and humidity where good the entire 3 weeks. No idea what happened.

Back
Top Bottom