RIP My Beautiful Angel :( :(

luvmychickas

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Massachusetts
My EE frizzle Angel passed on last night. She was my oldest chicken being around 4. A few days back she had become lethargic and her belly was bloated. I thought it was at first eggbound but then when I did everything from soaking her in warm water, massages and having her sit on my lap on a heating pad to try and relax her muscles. It could have been internal laying not sure. I did feel an egg but couldn't get it to move from the spot it was in no matter how long I massaged her. She was separated from the flock in a hutch with food/water and a heat lamp. She was eating/drinking right up to when I took her out last night to soak her again. She sat on my lap on the heating pad seeming very relaxed until about 9:25 last night. It was the first time through this I had seen her this relaxed. I was going to go to bed myself so I brought her back to her hutch she had what looked to be a seizure that lasted less than 5 seconds and she was gone
sad.png
I haven't cried this hard in a long time. I tried everything I could and the only thing that is helping me today is that I think having her on that heating pad and having her so relaxed she wasn't in so much pain and passed quickly. I know from everyone at work and the rest of my family will say she is just a chicken, well she wasn't. She was the best little chicken and layed faithfully up until a couple months ago when she went through a molt. I had her the longest of all my chickens and this is just so hard. Here is my beautiful girl
sad.png

017.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was very sad circumstances, and I definitely know how it feels losing a beloved feathered friend like that. Take your time and mourn your loss, and just try to remind yourself that you gave her a happy life where she was loved to the very end. She was a very beautiful girl. Best wishes to you.
hugs.gif

I'm so very sorry about your dear Angel, but how wonderful that she was with you and feeling your love and concern until the very end. She was a beautiful girl. There are many of us who truly do understand your sorrow and hope it will help to realize that others know what a dear love a special chicken can be. Such a loss can truly leave a huge hole in your heart. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom