RIP Sarah
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I unexpectedly lost my precious girl, Sarah, today. :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit :hit:hit:hit:hit She was a Whiting True Blue hen who had just turned two years old last month. Sarah was one of my favorite hens due to her friendliness. She loved to sit on my lap while I petted her until she'd fell asleep if she didn't gently peck me asking me for treats instead. I've never had a hen who was as friendly and affectionate as her and I fear that I never will again. I deeply miss her already and the flock will feel empty without her. :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

She was beautiful. I’m sorry. What caused it?
I don't know. This was completely unexpected. And I wasn't even the one who found her; my family did. I had come home and my Mom brought me to her and said that she was found in the dust bathing area.

I don't know. This was completely unexpected. And I wasn't even the one who found her; my family did. I had come home and my Mom brought me to her and said that she was found in the dust bathing area.
That’s hard when it is completely unexpected. I felt the same way when I lost my Brahma recently, she was SO sweet, I’m sure I’ll never have one as good as her.

Back
Top Bottom