RIP Smokey

MotherToMoose

Songster
Oct 19, 2016
My 4 male runner ducks have refused to go to their house at night. It’s been going on for a few days now. Nothing I was doing was getting them in. We have a pond and any time I’d try to catch them they’d swim away. I’d put the boat in and they’d run out of the water. Now this morning I see only 3 swimming around. Something got one of my boys. I’m so heartbroken. I feel sick to my stomach that he had to go out like that and that my other 3 had to sit there and watch it happen. Ugh I hate this shit. Why can’t they just understand going to their home at night is for their safety. RIP Smokey

Attachments

• 2F6FC7A1-BBE6-4777-BE1A-737F0660B14A.jpeg
    2F6FC7A1-BBE6-4777-BE1A-737F0660B14A.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 7
I’m sorry for your loss, this stuff sucks but Smokey was most likely just following his instinct. RIP Smokey :(
They like just hit maturity so I think they weren’t coming in because they’ve been trying to attract some girls. Now this morning though it seems like my other ducks are finally ready to me to get them

My 4 male runner ducks have refused to go to their house at night. It’s been going on for a few days now. Nothing I was doing was getting them in. We have a pond and any time I’d try to catch them they’d swim away. I’d put the boat in and they’d run out of the water. Now this morning I see only 3 swimming around. Something got one of my boys. I’m so heartbroken. I feel sick to my stomach that he had to go out like that and that my other 3 had to sit there and watch it happen. Ugh I hate this shit. Why can’t they just understand going to their home at night is for their safety. RIP Smokey
I’m sooo very sorry!!!

Back
Top Bottom