Rip to my baby duck who died to My dog

IrisJade

Chirping
Jul 24, 2023
my dog who was part poodle killed my beloved Spyro who was 1.5 weeks old and im so destoryed if i knew better i wouldn't of got him killed. i normally have my door shut so he can not get him but i found him dead now im replaying the scene in my head and im just so horrified and to blame. I didnt know that last time we cuddled that morning was our last... he had such character and loved to be snuggled.. never again 💔

Attachments

• IMG_2675.gif
    IMG_2675.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2666.jpeg
    IMG_2666.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 6
I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs will be dogs, they don't know any better. Sometimes we learn in life the hard way, but then we can do better. When you feel better, and have a plan for safety, get another duck, or two. The joy outweighs the sorrow.
i just feel so to blame, I couldn't imagine how he was when he got held of him. im a terrible person

i just feel so to blame, I couldn't imagine how he was when he got held of him. im a terrible person
You are not a terrible person. We have all made mistakes and it feels horrible when you lose a pet from something you feel could have been prevented. That is normal, and it just proves you are not terrible, you are a kind and loving person. Your duckling got a lot of love and attention in his short life, and it was better than many get. Give it some time,

Unfortunately, certain breeds have a prey drive. That isn't anything you did, you are by no means a terrible person. I am so sorry for the loss of your little duck 🥺

Back
Top Bottom