Ripley, the 4 legged chicken!?

Pics
Main vent or secondary vent circled?
What's the bump to the left?

Good on ya for pics....gotta be tough!

She was NOT happy about it lol. The main vent is on the right. Secondary small vent is that bump on the left. It looks different and very little comes out of it but it is functional.

She was NOT happy about it lol. The main vent is on the right. Secondary small vent is that bump on the left. It looks different and very little comes out of it but it is functional.
Great pic!
Wonders how it's 'plumbed' inside<scratcheshead>
.....and if that will be an issue in the future.
Fascinating!

Great pic!
Wonders how it's 'plumbed' inside<scratcheshead>
.....and if that will be an issue in the future.
Fascinating!

I'm wondering the same thing, especially if it was an absorbed twin... Very curious! Hopefully she won't have future issues but for now, she's doing great! I'm guessing that eggs will all be laid through the larger vent. Another thing I've been wondering lately is if she has double the ovaries too? Will she be dropping 2 eggs a day?

I'm wondering the same thing, especially if it was an absorbed twin... Very curious! Hopefully she won't have future issues but for now, she's doing great! I'm guessing that eggs will all be laid through the larger vent. Another thing I've been wondering lately is if she has double the ovaries too? Will she be dropping 2 eggs a day?
I think she may be sterile?

It's possible. Will have to wait and see. I did talk to someone else who also has a 4-legged hen. Well, had. They had the extra legs removed but she also has two vents. She lays an egg daily for them, always through the larger vent.
Had?
I imagine they had the legs removed by a vet?
Wonders about the concept of absorbed twin vs just mutant cells.

Ripley is almost 3 weeks old now! The question of the week....what will her tail look like? Will she have 1, 2, none? Any guesses? I know we'll know soon!

DSCN1038.JPG
DSCN1040.JPG
DSCN1042.JPG
DSCN1053.JPG
DSCN1058.JPG
DSCN1062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom