RIR how many pullets?

I hope they are rir they were supposed to be anyway but I thought the same thing about the last twos stance

As of right now, the one in the second picture is your only cockerel. If the others in pictures 3 and 4 start turning pink, they are also.

As to the breed question, they may be some sort of hatchery stock RIRs, or more commonly known as Production Reds. On another thought, they could possibly be New Hampshire Reds.

What ever they are they are a lot more friendly than my 2 silver laced wyandottes

I see the one for sure cockerel.

The first two birds do not look well at all. Have they been ill? They're also smaller and less developed than I'd expect for 10 weeks.

They have always had the pale face but have never seemed ill they are the first two to come runnin to me when I open up the coop to let them out or give them treats all four are way smaller than my slws just thought it was the breed

I would agree that they don't look like pure RIRs (some of those feathers on 3 and 4 look barred) and the first two don't look well. The stance of the second one, which does appear to be a cockerel, is of particular concern, but the eye on the first one doesn't look right and it's sitting quite hunched. Does the cockerel (No.2) walk ok or is he lame?
Do you know for sure they are 10 weeks and how old were they when you got them? Did you get them with the SLWs from the same supplier?

... the first two don't look well. The stance of the second one, which does appear to be a cockerel, is of particular concern, but the eye on the first one doesn't look right and it's sitting quite hunched.

Agreed. I was going to mention this in my original post but I am not vastly experienced with chicken illnesses myself. The first two do not look like the chipper little chicks I have ever had though. In fact, at no stage in their development, from Day 1 to Week 10 (which we are presently in) would I ever have been able to get them to sit for a photo - they are too busy zipping around!

- Krista

Back
Top Bottom