RIR pullets or cockerels??

I love my RIRs. As they grow if you watch them Very closely you will be able to see different changes in them to tell them apart and once they are mature I’ve been able to tell mine apart by comb shape/“wiggle”. An easy and cheap way to differentiate them though is to use different color thin zip ties around their ankles-you just have to watch closely and change them out as their legs get bigger.

No problem. Did you buy them as sexed birds or unsexed, from TSC?
Yeah, they were supposed to ALL be pullets. I didn't realize until recently that I shouldn't rely on that. So, I started investigating a bit more & found this forum....then I started panicking last night after reading through all the great threads on here.

Roos need love too! :love But good Cluck!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Looking back through your pics, I'm not really seeing any wattle development on your chicks, which is a good indication for pullets. But the pics of the 2nd and 4th chicks show their wattles more clearly, so better headshots of chicks 1 and 3 might make them less suspicious...or not, lol. At least it would give you a better pic to compare to in a few weeks...

Back
Top Bottom