RIR Roo?

She's a pullet. My 2 RIR's are 5 months old and look just like her. Hopefully we'll both get eggs soon
big_smile.png

mine is 12 weeks old and looks like that.. but I think Rose has green tail feathers.. but Roe holds her tail down... does that make her a him or a her?

People tell me him.. but mine looks like Titanium's chicken

Quote:
Yours sounds like a roo but only because of the tail feathers. None of my RIR's have green feathers in their tail, only the reddish-brown with a couple black and they are 4 1/2 and 5 months old.

Mine has a huge red comb, maybe even bigger than yours and about the same wattles and she is 19 weeks and laying eggs
big_smile.png
I say pullet.

Thanks for the replies.

Would these be the production type RIR or the show.Don't really matter,I just want eggs.

Kinda curious.

Ok, now I'm ALL confuzzled! I posted pics on a thread last week, a bird looking very like the one that y'all are saying is a pullet - and everyone said mine was a roo. My birds are 13 weeks, and I do have a roo who's crowing, but the RIR boy/girl is not. I'll have to go check the tail feathers on my bird...

In the meantime, here's a pic - is it still a roo?!

IMG_0432.jpg

I don't think mines comb was quite that big at 13 weeks and her tail is a bit different, not such curly looking tail feathers?

I am quite obviously no expert on these things
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom