RIR rooster, free

NH603

In the Brooder
May 23, 2017
I am trying to find a good home for my rooster! I believe he is a Rhode Island Red, less than a year old. So far he has been very docile. I advertised him on Craigslist and received a lot of questionable replies. Sadly, the only interest he is receiving is from people looking to fight him, or eat him. I just want the guy to have a chance with a flock of his own. I would keep him, but we already have too many roosters and the completion crowing of 6 roos is getting to be too much for neighbors. I would like to get down to just one. I have had some luck rehousing my Polish Roos, but nobody wants a RIR. In New Hampshire, will deliver somewhat local. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 10
Ahhh! Thank you, you have solved a mystery! Last spring we ordered a variety of chicks from Agway, but the order somehow got messed up and we were not sure what we ended up with. This bird looks very similar to a RIR Rooster that we had in the past so I just made the assumption. Now that I look closer, the comb is completely different. The RIR we had was very aggressive, so he had to go. So far this bird has been very friendly. So maybe he will work out afterall. We still need to shed a few roos though, so he is available.

Back
Top Bottom