1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RIR sneezing?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by clemson11, Apr 17, 2009.

1. clemson11

clemson11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    UT
    I think my RIR pullet in sneezing, it sounds like a sneez or something like that. She looks and acts healthly, but I just don't know. Is she sick? And is their something I can give her if she is?

2. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    how old is she? I posted this same thing when my babies were about 3 weeks old. [​IMG] Since then, I have answered several posts about the same thing. [​IMG] We newbies all seem to have the same concerns [​IMG] We're just trying to be good chicken mamas!

The answers I got all said that if nothing else seems wrong and there is no nasal discharge, then they are just sneezing... from dust or whatever. It's normal and absolutely nothing to worry about. If there are other symptoms, then there is some concern...

3. lisahaschickens

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    p.s. mine are now 10 weeks old and totally healthy and happy and they still sneeze now and again, which is normal.

4. clemson11

clemson11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    UT
    There doesn't seem to be any nasal discharge, and her poop looks normal. She is 6-7 weeks old. What other symptoms should I look for? Thank you for your help!!!

5. lisahaschickens

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    I would say anything "not normal" - not eating or drinking. Drinking too much... lethargy... droopiness... bleeding, etc. If she doesn't seem sick, she's probably not. Dust can make chickens sneeze just like humans [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by