Rir

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ceeceeholt, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm still new to this site and my "ladies" so I believed most of what I read about my "ladies". Do all RIR have yellow legs or do they sometimes have white? I have 2 with yellow legs and 3 with white. I'll be asking lots of questions! So glad to have found this site. Also, are Silver Laced Wyandotes generally aggressive? I have one that am seriously thinking of putting in "time out"! lol

momma of 18 ladies and an immature Roo:)

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

ive had Rir with both leg coloring. i also have bantams with the white legs. all Rir. soo i think u can have both leg coloring

3. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Can you post some pics?

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Rhode Island Reds ONLY have Yellow legs. I would bet what you have is Production Reds and not Rhode Island Reds.

Chris

5. ceeceeholt

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm still new and the site won't let me post pictures:( BUT, I took some great ones and am waiting for the site to "lift my ban"! I'm anxious for everyone to see my ladies as I am still guessing on what some of them are.

momma of 18 ladies and a teenage Roo!

6. ceeceeholt

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

Ok, not sure if this will work, but this is one pic of my RIR with yellow legs.

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I see 2 production Reds an 3 that look some type of Orpington cross.

Chris

8. ceeceeholt

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Yep, the light one in the middle with her head turned is an EE, she has the cutest face. The other 2 they told me were buff orpington, they are more golden in person (so to speak) and the RIR I'm sure are not pure bread or I wouldn't have gotten them for 3 bucks:) Thank you for your help. I have 3 other large RIR with white legs but the same coloring. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by