Guess I got scammed! Now what breed could these chicks be?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
Well this was a bit disappointing! I knew something was up with their eggs, they don’t look like bielefelder eggs (breeder said young pullet eggs (which sounded odd and you shouldn’t really hatch out pullet eggs) and today some are starting to hatch out.
11 eggs went in lockdown
2 Barred rock, 8 Bielefelder, 1 polish mix/polish (mine)

Ones fully yellow and two are gray/blue? Im not sure what they are! The black one with a white head im guessing came from the barred rock egg.
IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

My guess is:
- Black australorp
- Blue australorp
- RIR
(The blue chicks have blue legs)
At least I got some cute chicks, Im still contacting the breeder about these as I was looking for breed standard chickens and the eggs were in no way cheap, so getting what I didn’t order isn’t ideal especially because if they ate australorps and RIRs I already have some in my flock and wanted a new breed.

Last edited:
They could be mixed breeds from a flock of different breeds.
Oh no, I ordered pure eggs so this is disappointing. From what I know they have several flocks fenced off from eachother. The ones they were offering were bielefelders, australorps, barred rocks, and game birds.

They sell everything from their eggs all the way to adults. Which confuses me on why they would scam on the eggs if they do have access to the breeds. Heres another pic of the black and blue babies. These I have hope for them being some type of pure breed. The yellow chick I’m highly suspicious is mixed. Aw, they even put me on a waiting list for three weeks before I got the eggs, if they were going to sell random eggs thought they wouldn’t even bother :barnie.
IMG_1133.jpeg
IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_1134.jpeg

Oh no, I ordered pure eggs so this is disappointing. From what I know they have several flocks fenced off from eachother. The ones they were offering were bielefelders, australorps, barred rocks, and game birds.

They sell everything from their eggs all the way to adults. Which confuses me on why they would scam on the eggs if they do have access to the breeds. Heres another pic of the black and blue babies. These I have hope for them being some type of pure breed. The yellow chick I’m highly suspicious is mixed. Aw, they even put me on a waiting list for three weeks before I got the eggs, if they were going to sell random eggs thought they wouldn’t even bother :barnie.
View attachment 3770775View attachment 3770776View attachment 3770777
That really sucks that you didn't get what you paid for. I have no idea what breed those are, but they sure are cute! Hope you get it sorted out and they make it right. Could have just had an escaping rooster that messed things up for them.

That really sucks that you didn't get what you paid for. I have no idea what breed those are, but they sure are cute! Hope you get it sorted out and they make it right. Could have just had an escaping rooster that messed things up for them.
i’m been messaging the breeder about the issue, no reply yet. I’m hoping it was a mistake and I can at least get my money back because these eggs were not at all cheap. They don’t seem to have any bad reviews (other than misgendered chicks) and all the photos of buyer’s chicks and eggs look right. If I don’t get my money back I’ll at least put a bad review so others won’t go through the same thing.

Well breeder replied and said he will get a hold of the person who packed the eggs around 5 days ago and he won’t reply to any of my texts. Guess I won’t be getting my money back.

Even worse news I have been having horrible hatches with my Rcom king suro. Eggs develop well and they just don’t hatch out. I think I will stop using it for eggs and will only use them for brooding baby birds. 6 more eggs developed fully but failed to hatch. I have always loved Rcom products and never had issues with them keeping constant temperature. On the bright side one of my flocks eggs hatched.
IMG_1149.jpeg
IMG_1151.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom