What breed is she?

It could be!! I googled Easter egger chicks and mine does resemble an Easter egger… problem is the hatchery I got her from doesn’t have Easter egger as a breed they sell. I have some olive eggers from the same hatchery and they all have feathered feet like their maran parent.
Easter Egg is a common name for any hybrid chicken who lays green, blue, or pink eggs. Could be gold laced, or perhaps a mixed breed.

It might just be a mix up on the hatcheries part… or the person packing up the chicks for you. Did you get an extra chick?
I did get an extra chick! I ordered 15, got 16 and she’s the ONE that looks different and doesn’t match any other characteristics of the ones I did purchase lol

It looks like you got an extra Golden Laced Wyandotte chick. Mystery solved! :lol:

You should have told us sooner!... No I'm joking! 😉
Omg I just looked at her in the daylight by the window and I see all her colors!!! I think she is a golden laced Wyandotte!! Thing is I didn’t order her lol so the hatchery gave me one for one. I can now see in the light her face patterns and feather color patterns resembling a golden Wyandotte!

Attachments

• IMG_9715.jpeg
    IMG_9715.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9711.jpeg
    IMG_9711.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9713.jpeg
    IMG_9713.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 12
Omg I just looked at her in the daylight by the window and I see all her colors!!! I think she is a golden laced Wyandotte!! Thing is I didn’t order her lol so the hatchery gave me one for one. I can now see in the light her face patterns and feather color patterns resembling a golden Wyandotte!
She's so pretty! 😍

she is an easter egger/ olive egger. She has olive colored legs and her feathers aren’t laced. I think I am also seeing a pea comb. Beautiful girl though!

she is an easter egger/ olive egger. She has olive colored legs and her feathers aren’t laced. I think I am also seeing a pea comb. Beautiful girl though!
I agree.

Wyandottes have rose combs and yellow legs.
That chick has a pea comb and green legs.
Those apply to any variety of Wyandotte, not just Gold Laced.

As regards color, she does not look Gold Laced to me. She certainly has some kind of patterning in her feathers, but it doesn't look like single lacing.

I am pretty sure she is an extra of one of your colored egg layer types.

Ameracauna, black australorp, olive egger, maran, Plymouth blue rock, barred rock, sapphire sky, white leghorn

Which hatchery did you order from?

Ameraucana is a breed of chicken, with certain specific traits.
Many hatcheries offer "Americanas" (slightly different spelling) which have a mix of traits, not right for purebred Ameraucanas, but they are still nice layers of colored eggs. If that is what the hatchery was selling, your mystery chick is probably one of them.

I agree.

Wyandottes have rose combs and yellow legs.
That chick has a pea comb and green legs.
Those apply to any variety of Wyandotte, not just Gold Laced.

As regards color, she does not look Gold Laced to me. She certainly has some kind of patterning in her feathers, but it doesn't look like single lacing.

I am pretty sure she is an extra of one of your colored egg layer types.

Which hatchery did you order from?

Ameraucana is a breed of chicken, with certain specific traits.
Many hatcheries offer "Americanas" (slightly different spelling) which have a mix of traits, not right for purebred Ameraucanas, but they are still nice layers of colored eggs. If that is what the hatchery was selling, your mystery chick is probably one of them.
Ohhh thanks for the explanation!! She might be an Americana then! The hatchery does sell americanas too.

Back
Top Bottom