RIRs from Ideal?

This is the "RIR" pullet I got from Ideal as a chick in November 2014. I think that as far as quality, ideal does a decent job as far as hatcheries go. I like how much darker and bigger their reds are compared to other hatcheries. Closer to what a real RIR should look like. Temperament wise, mine weren't the friendliest. They did bite on more than one occasion. I have only been bit a couple times, by a broody Ameraucana, a nasty cock bird, and by these birds.

This is the "RIR" pullet I got from Ideal as a chick in November 2014. I think that as far as quality, ideal does a decent job as far as hatcheries go. I like how much darker and bigger their reds are compared to other hatcheries. Closer to what a real RIR should look like. Temperament wise, mine weren't the friendliest. They did bite on more than one occasion. I have only been bit a couple times, by a broody Ameraucana, a nasty cock bird, and by these birds.

How is she with your other birds? Does she pick fights?

Mine are free range, but I still want to keep the peace.

How is she with your other birds? Does she pick fights?

Mine are free range, but I still want to keep the peace.

I dont have them anymore. I sold my entire flock off to someone replacing theirs after a fox attack. She is perfectly fine with the other birds. I had probably 6-8 of them in with 20 other barred rocks, australorps, and easter eggers. No fights there.

I dont have them anymore. I sold my entire flock off to someone replacing theirs after a fox attack. She is perfectly fine with the other birds. I had probably 6-8 of them in with 20 other barred rocks, australorps, and easter eggers. No fights there.

Good. I'm only getting one from a local feed store next month and hopefully I'll get a docile one.

Hmm.. that doesn't seem like them.Theyre pretty docile.
It was only the ones from that order that acted like that, all the one's I'd had before were nice and friendly. I have only one left over from that order and I don't really like her.

Back
Top Bottom