RIR's possibly a hen & a roo?

confusedturtle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
Virginia
I bought 3 birds last week, I was told 2 were RIR's and the same age. I have started to notice that one is more dominant, larger and has more profound tail feathers. The man I bought them from assured me that they were all 3 hens but as I watch them I have beguin to notice these suttle differences. I will also post a picture of my White (& buff?) Plymouth rock. I was also told she was a she....hopefully they all are
hu.gif

85493_sany2210.jpg

Sorry i dont have a better pic of my PR it was almost roost time and she was trying to escape LoL!
D.gif

85493_sany2211.jpg

Cleaning out their poo'd on box too, things have been crazy here lately. We are building the roost and my cat just abandoned 2 baby kittens on me
barnie.gif

The first two are Red Sex-link pullets and the one in the second picture is a Red sex-link rooster.

Chris

Oh no
th.gif
that one is my youngest daughters favorite, she named it after her best friend in kindergarten who might be moving away
th.gif
Glad to know the other 2 are pullets. I will start reading up on that breed and find out if we can keep the roo
hu.gif
Thank you for your help

I am trying to find out more about them but they aren't in the breed listing. What is their temperment, are they pretty loud etc? Do you have a roo? Is he pretty loud? Is there any way possible to keep them from crowing in the morning....and off and on all day LoL! I really dont want to have to get rid of him but we arent really supposed to have chickens let alone a rooster. My neighbor is fine with chickens as long as I share their eggs and they are pretty quiet, but I think she will change her mind if we have a rooster
fl.gif

I just got mine back in April. So I really don't know much about them, mine are not loud at all. As for their temperment they are pretty friendly. They don't like for us pick them up to much anymore.
I don't have a roo though. I don't know how to keep them quiet.

They seem very friendly so far and they follow me around the garden while I pull weeds and water and stuff. Even the rooster follows me as well, my husband is in denial, he wants to keep him until he crows LoL! My husband was against chickens in the begining but started to come around a little, now he is happy we have them and i have caught him a few times sitting outside watching them (he says he hates pets and calls the chickens edible pets) and seems pretty bummed out that he is a rooster. Hopefully our city will change their ordinance soon and we can keep him
big_smile.png

Quote:
Both Red and Black Sex-Links use a red male for the father. Either a Rhode Island Red or a New Hampshire may be used.
Let me know if you need to know more lol

Back
Top Bottom