Rise of The Planet of The Apes

Quote:
So, what do you think of the recent DNA results leaking out of the lab about Bigfoot samples showing Human mitochondrial from the Franco-Cantabrian glacial refuge era and the nuclear DNA showing an unknown Hominid.

Show me a reference I can read before I can comment on it. I have never heard of anything about which you are typing.

Quote:
So, what do you think of the recent DNA results leaking out of the lab about Bigfoot samples showing Human mitochondrial from the Franco-Cantabrian glacial refuge era and the nuclear DNA showing an unknown Hominid.

Show me a reference I can read before I can comment on it. I have never heard of anything about which you are typing.

http://bigfootsightings.org/2011/07/04/bigfoot-dna-proof-within-controversy/

Supposedly undergoing peer review with a lot of slander back and forth.

Quote:

Sounds pretty hokey to me. I read the "interview" here and found the following interesting contradiction:

"RL: Yes, what is it? A bear?

BH: No way. It’s a juvenile Bigfoot. You can tell by the hips. And the neck. The thing has no neck. I know bears. I love bears. No way is that a bear.

RL: Why did he shoot the adult Bigfoot? He says he thought it was a bear.

BH: No. He knew what it was. Because of the color. Bears don’t come in off-white. Anyone knows that. He shot it because he thought it was threatening him."

First, the guy says he knows and loves bears. Then he says they don't come in off-white.

Ahem.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermode_bear

I'm still reading into it, but thus far, it sounds like just another cooked-up tale to keep people on their toes....until the whole thing is revealed to be a sham.

Quote:

Sounds pretty hokey to me. I read the "interview" here and found the following interesting contradiction:

"RL: Yes, what is it? A bear?

BH: No way. It’s a juvenile Bigfoot. You can tell by the hips. And the neck. The thing has no neck. I know bears. I love bears. No way is that a bear.

RL: Why did he shoot the adult Bigfoot? He says he thought it was a bear.

BH: No. He knew what it was. Because of the color. Bears don’t come in off-white. Anyone knows that. He shot it because he thought it was threatening him."

First, the guy says he knows and loves bears. Then he says they don't come in off-white.

Ahem.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermode_bear

I'm still reading into it, but thus far, it sounds like just another cooked-up tale to keep people on their toes....until the whole thing is revealed to be a sham.

Ah....I see. You're taking the mainstream approach to new potential information instead of the open mind, pending results.

I am keeping an open mind....but not so open that my brain falls out. I didn't say it's not possible, but the story has a certain air of familiarity. If evidence is possessed, as they claim, then we'll find out soon enough. Until then, I say "I don't think so."

ETA -- and there is no new information. Until evidence comes forward, all we have is chatter.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, I agree, all we have is chatter right now. I was intrigued however at the detail of the DNA conclusions regarding the origin of the maternal DNA and the Nuclear DNA showing an unknown Hominid between Neanderthal and chimp. The claim was that they had 6 separate specimens from widely spread geographical areas that tested for this unknown species. I too, am awaiting a peer reviewed final analysis.

Quote:
Yes, I agree, all we have is chatter right now. I was intrigued however at the detail of the DNA conclusions regarding the origin of the maternal DNA and the Nuclear DNA showing an unknown Hominid between Neanderthal and chimp. The claim was that they had 6 separate specimens from widely spread geographical areas that tested for this unknown species. I too, am awaiting a peer reviewed final analysis.

There were no conclusions....what you read was chatter about conclusions.

There was no description of the methods used to analyze the DNA in the sample (peer-review articles would include every detail down to the measured amounts of chemicals used in the lab...with this information lacking, I'm led to believe it was written by someone who doesn't even know how to go about such an analysis).

There was no control species used as an outgroup (in typical genetic analysis to determine relatedness between species, there is one sample used from a species that is very different from the other known and the supposed unknown...in this case, the use of rat or rabbit DNA would have been an appropriate and acceptable control).

Sample preparation is not described (to discount any possibility of DNA contamination from researchers or anyone who has contact with the supposed samples).

Tell me, if you had a stupendous discovery such as that claimed by this story, would you keep everything so secret and conspiracy-sounding, or would you be holding press conferences and asking for independent scientists to verify that your findings are actually true? I'm not being close-minded....I'm being skeptical. There's a big difference.

I don't believe something that goes against what is known to be true just because someone SAYS so. I want evidence. Once I get some, then I'll start listening. I could type the same information without having any evidence in my hand. Until it's published, and samples are made available for independent verification, it's all just chatter.

But I did enjoy the movie.

hehe

Last edited:
Just went to see it.... The plot was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow.
th.gif
I think I actually dozed off, and I have never fallen asleep in a movie before. But it started getting interesting about ten minutes before it was over. Won't be buying that one.

Back
Top Bottom