riverside california wanted baby chicks

What type of chicks are you looking for?
It can be hard to have live chicks shipped.
They can be so stressed and during this time of year the USPS looses alot of pkgs regardless of what is in them. Fedex states that all their packages take a 5 foot drop off a conveyor belt- not good for live babies.

If you are interested in live silkie chickens I will have some hatching soon. I live in Rancho Cordova near Sacramento and wasn't expecting to have anymore babies but two moms went broody!!!!! First hatch is expected Jan 8-12 and second is 18-24. Free if you want. I will keep 2 for myself, rest can be yours. I have 5 in one clutch and 3 in the other. Each mom can raise one baby.

Interested? will post here and email.

Last edited:
I like EE's, brown layers, and brown layers. I have a white leg horn, wyonette, 2 easter egger's, a black and white one, I think that she is a barred rock, I have a punk rocker, all togerher I have 7 pullets. I am looking for a rooster. What would you sugest?

hi silky ma!

if berynn passes on the silkie chicks i am interested in, perhaps, one or two. i would really like to have a white and/or a black silkie. as of right now i have:
1 buff roo
2 blue hens
1 partridge hen
1 coocoo (sp?) hen
1 splash hen

so a white and/or black silkie would be a nice "finishing" touch!

obviously berynn has first dibs but can i be a close second?

thank you!
f. weeble

Last edited:
Fallen weeble :
only mating roo is part partridge and blue// grey /. I hatched 3 females from him and one was black with a touch of brown ringing her neck, --one was total black-(lost her ere xmas due to dog attack- )--and last was partridge.

Daddy had to be hobbled due to his very large frame and but!!! -offspring no problems!
-2 of daughters are very loving like him and the other was aloof but socioable.
When mama # 2 hatches her brood I will post the colors.
With my 2 splash (-Hatched 7-4-2007-)
I thought 1 was a roo, showed all the signs but since dec 18 --"Diego" now "Diega"-- has been interested in nesting.The last couple of days Diega has been frantic in wanting the nest box. I cant feel any egg yet. As for Pepsi she-- unless Im wrong shows no interest but bug hunting.
I have tried to hatch many splash eggs and these are the only 2 to hatch.
I have also been unlucky in trying to hatch Buff and white!!! Buff I got zilch & white only got 2 males- one went out for adoption. I will keep you posted.
roll.png

thanks berynn!
i'm located in the north san fernando valley. it would be a bit of a drive (yur in sacramento yes?) but i could make it a pleasant day trip!
please do keep me posted. do you have pics of the ones who already hatched?
thanks!

p.s.
hi SnMP!
it's me, f. weeble, i was out to your place and picked up those hens last week!
like i said, i'm interested in a white and/or a black hen. (the girls are doing great, i'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post 'em).

f. weeble

I think that I found a roo, now I just want two or three layers, that will live their entire life as layers and pets. You can email me at [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom