RN's? Nurses?

6chickens in St. Charles

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
St. Charles, IL
Since keeping chickens is our "real" life, I thought I'd start a new thread for RN-chicken-keeping-people.

I am a med/surg/ACLS/NIH Stroke RN. After 18 years, finally working a day shift full time hospital job. After work today, I saw my reflection in my rearview mirror eating leftover popcorn and peanut M&M's for dinner while warming up my car in the 10 degree darkening evening light, but worrying whether my family had properly fed and watered the little backyard flock today.

They need their good nutrition, y'know.

Any other RN's out there? I need to hear from others, how gosh danged tired we are and how happy the chickens make us on our rare and beloved hours off...........

RN Rants are welcome.

And RN jokes welcome, too!

RN fails are good, too.

Anything to have a laugh.

Thanks
caf.gif

G'day

I'm not an RN yet. I am a student EN (meds) and once I've completed my diploma at college, I intend to go to Uni to continue with my RN. I've got a lot to learn yet. So far so good. At the moment between studies I am working in a nursing home, not my thing however once qualified I would like to work and gain experience in the Emergency Department then head bush to become a Rural Nurse. I am looking forward to this, then we can have a sea/land change and become part of a community on a good sized property where we can have more chickens, cows etc.....

I am familiar with different day time and evening shifts which is a good preparation for my nursing career. I am new in this chicken business too. I am waiting for my chicken coop to arrive and then my 5 Rhode Island Reds and a Silkie for a pet chicken. Oli my pomeranian won't feel so alone now, he doesn't mind other animals.

Anyway I hope I'm not boring you, till next time
Cheers
Chrissy
frow.gif

G'day

I'm not an RN yet. I am a student EN (meds) and once I've completed my diploma at college, I intend to go to Uni to continue with my RN. I've got a lot to learn yet. So far so good. At the moment between studies I am working in a nursing home, not my thing however once qualified I would like to work and gain experience in the Emergency Department then head bush to become a Rural Nurse. I am looking forward to this, then we can have a sea/land change and become part of a community on a good sized property where we can have more chickens, cows etc.....

I am familiar with different day time and evening shifts which is a good preparation for my nursing career. I am new in this chicken business too. I am waiting for my chicken coop to arrive and then my 5 Rhode Island Reds and a Silkie for a pet chicken. Oli my pomeranian won't feel so alone now, he doesn't mind other animals.

Anyway I hope I'm not boring you, till next time
Cheers
Chrissy
frow.gif

Welcome Chrissy! I am a BIG believer in long term care to start a nursing career. Tedious long hours trying to do the impossible med pass, I know. But there's no better way to become familiar with meds and how they work! Plus, once or twice a year you'll actually talk with a wise old soul who will change your life.

Besides, when the day is done, you can log on here and gripe about the
he.gif
paperwork at the end of your day, which you'd like to shred for coop litter.

I have a rooster who's usually glad to hear me gripe, too. He tells me the nicest things after my yucky days. Sometimes, I'm just full of angst after a really hard time at work, and he can tell. Like he does for gripey hens who can't decide where to lay their egg he settles me down into the porch swing and we have a chat. If my story is sad he cuddles my cheek, if my story is angry he says cooooo bup bup bup til I'm calmed down and if I'm so tired I can just fall asleep he covers my eyes. If my day was great he's delighted because I have the strength to get treats and hand them out when I get home!

Anyways you're not boring, welcome!
frow.gif

Did the ladder here. CNA to LVN to RN then finally found what I was really looking for FF/EMT-P. Loved the nurturing healing part of being in the nursing field but didn't like the walls. Retired now to sunny NW Florida with my hubby who was also a EMT-P, but is now uses wheelchair .
Loved my nursing career, put in long hard hours, but every one of them were worth it. Had many laughs, a lot of tears and watched/helped several being brought into this world and too many leave it. But that's what we did. **** I miss it.
Ann

Back
Top Bottom