Robin (my young Roo) attacked my 2 year old son...

Dh and I decided to completely keep him away from the chickens. He can still toss corn and other tastey treats to the chickens over the fence ( it's a 5 ft high fence 150 ft around the coop) with our help of course.

I did buy a spray bottle for myself and we are going to continue to carry Robin around when we go in. When he does start the dance with me I stomp my foot on the ground and stare him down, then pick him up. He quickly changes his tune...

It was neither Wes' fault nor Robins. Wes wasn't being malicious he just thought Robin was playing with him, Robin thought Wes was going to hurt the ladies... the fact that Wes wasn't running after him just running around the pen tells me Wes is just trying to play and well Robin isn't. As long as they stay on their own sides we'll be ok. Wes ended up with I think 2 scratches on his shins, he has gotten worse on his trike. Not that I'm trying to minimize what could have happened.

I do need Robin to keep an eye on the flock like he's doing so well. DH told me he's found cat poo in the garage and the cats are starting to come closer and closer onto the property. I'm afraid that they will get some of my Banties. I highly doubt they will return if Robin gets a hold of them though.

Well when my current method of dealing with an agressive roo fails to work, I will have one less roo and a nice crockpot dinner.
lol.png

our Roo is doing that too, but when he attacks me i would kick him away from me. if he continues I put him in a seperate pen called the consiquence pen (I bet i spelled it wrong). i leave him there for about a hour then i let him out. He's our only responsible roo for the coop so we can't get rid of him.

When dogs attack or chase runners in the park near my house, the park rangers refer to it as a People (dog owner) problem, not a "dog problem"and I agree. I dont blame a rooster for attacking if his hens are being threatened, and that is the rooster's perception of a kid chasing the hens Im pretty sure. I think I would keep the rooster and concentrate on training the little boy, but then, I dont have any kids, so I probably should just keep quiet.

That roo would get the cross end of my broom if it ever came near my daughter in a threatening way! AND if I see a scratch on her, he'll be in my freezer that night. :mad:

Thats if he's lucky and I don't tell my husband...

Back
Top Bottom