Robots?

4 Georgia Hens

Crowing
Jan 3, 2017
Northern Georgia
I just looked at the "Members Online Now" box near the bottom of the home page. Scroll down to the bottom of my picture and look at the total.
Do you see it?? There are currently 382 ROBOTS online now!!!! Does anyone know what in the world that means? Should we/I be alarmed! Lol! It gave me a good laugh that's for sure!
IMG_3019.jpg

Robots are web spiders crawling the site to seed search engines like bing and google. They can be used for a number of other data gathering purposes, both benign and malicious as well. They usually have unique behavior patterns, origins, or meta content signatures that identify them as spiders, which means they can be identified, indexed, and otherwise accounted for if they're misbehaving.

They're here for your data, but they're not here to take over... Yet... :)

Robots are web spiders crawling the site to seed search engines like bing and google. They can be used for a number of other data gathering purposes, both benign and malicious as well. They usually have unique behavior patterns, origins, or meta content signatures that identify them as spiders, which means they can be identified, indexed, and otherwise accounted for if they're misbehaving.

Kick them out, spiders belong out in the wilds.

Good to know...I'd wondered about them too :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom