rockin eggs in bator!!

camchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Ok so I thought I'd have a go at hatching a few eggs. I'm now on day 17 and I've been watchin my eggs. A few of them have a little wiggle from time to time... When are they coming out?!?!

I can't help you on when they will come out, but seeing them wiggle around sounds pretty exciting. I wouldn't think it would be long before you have some itty bitty chicks. Best thing to do is sit right there and watch them and not do anything else. Makes the time go by faster. HA!
tongue.png

I'm soooo excited and don't have a great deal of patience... Its my first time incubating. The last thing I hatched was a duck under a broody brahma!!

Just dont sit there with the lid open!! I made the mistake and lost bunches....(nobody told me that it would kill em)

Oh no, did u lose them all? That's so bad. I just check mine a few times an hour. I have a hovabator so I can see through the top

Lucky then by the sounds of it. I'd be absolutely gutted if mine don't hatch!

I was okay but then i told my father-in-law what i did and he was like you probably killed the rest by keeping the lid open...then i felt like a quail killer.
barnie.gif

Doesn't sound so good if its put that way... I'm sure though as you are in a quail forum that you are quail mad like most people here so you with hatch more to balance your karma!!!

I wouldn't worry too much, hatching any quail is better than hatching none at all

Back
Top Bottom