rockin eggs in bator!!

correct i have close to 50 in the incubator right now and i just have to get a plastic storage bin for the week old chicks in the brooder now, too many in a small space.

What is it you are hatching? I have 37 coturnix and 15 chinese painted due today!!!

Quote:
Italian and Pharaoh not sure how many of each but a lot of eggs in there
pop.gif

So I got up this morning to check my little eggs... And found I have 3 chicks already hatched!!!!!!!!! With more eggs rockin away, when the chicks aren't falling over them.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing now though. I was told to leave the chicks in the incubator for 24 hrs then move them to my brooder. Do I need to provide water fr this 24hrs? I know they don't need food.

Quote:
When mine first hatched i gave them both, now wether or not they take it is up to them. I just felt better giving it to them but if u give them water make sure you put marbles or something in the dish so they dont drown in the water. Also put something in the bottom of the brooder box to give their feet something soft to stand on or their legs or something wont develope right, i used papertowels.

I think I'm going to move them to the brooder cos they are playing marbles with the other eggs!! Another one has hatched but its just laying on its side not doing much...

yeh sometimes its dangerous to keep the just born ones in there b/c they move arund the other eggs and the ones that havnt hatched yet can drown in their own juices if they are moved around too much.

Back
Top Bottom