rockin eggs in bator!!

Quote:
woot.gif
for the new baby chicks!!!!

I never left my chicks in but that dosn't meen you're not supposed to. I took them out every hr or 2, dip their beaks in the waterer and let them go. Just wait until they fuzz out for the most part and don't leave the bator open for long.

I think its safe to say we got a grand total of 19 but I think I might lose some... One is fine but falls over a lot, one sticks its leg out a lot and sits down a lot and one has a curled foot. Does anyone think my chickies will get past these things or not??

I will put some pics on of all the chicks for you guys to see soon aswell

WOOO 19 thats awesome!!!! I think they will get over whatever ails them but now it is just a waiting game to see what happens. Hope everything works out well for you!!!!

Had a look around about splay legs and found 2 solutions. 1) use a 3/4inch band aid around the legs to keep them the correct distance apart. I tried this and watched my chick for an hour... I was not happy. Whether this would work or not I don't know but my chick just laid on the floor and just didn't move. So I took the band aid off. 2) put a towel in the brooder to allow better grip. I used paper towels but they must have been too slippery. I've had the towel in there for 10 mins and the chick, although a bit unsteady, is walking normally!!!

Yay!!!

Quote:
Hatching is great fun if not a bit stressful but soooo worth it in the end. Let us all know when you start hatching

Back
Top Bottom