Rocky's & Rhett's reunion fail

CaradineCousins

Songster
6 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Birmingham Alabama
so today i wanted to see how Rocky's brother Rhett would do. Not so good he attacked him but Rocky held his own till Rhett knocked him down on his back. I pulled Rocky out and have him in his birdcage. There isn't a feasible way right now to have them contained within sight and smell my brooder where Rhett and wee ones are (3) in all just isnt room enough for something to put Rocky into. And I don't have the place for Rocky and Rhett made yet. Rocky spins alot and that throws Rhett into fight mode and I think Rocky will for the most part do that for the rest of his life. Rocky had/has wryneck we are on week 4 of treatments.

so today i wanted to see how Rocky's brother Rhett would do. Not so good he attacked him but Rocky held his own till Rhett knocked him down on his back. I pulled Rocky out and have him in his birdcage. There isn't a feasible way right now to have them contained within sight and smell my brooder where Rhett and wee ones are (3) in all just isnt room enough for something to put Rocky into. And I don't have the place for Rocky and Rhett made yet. Rocky spins alot and that throws Rhett into fight mode and I think Rocky will for the most part do that for the rest of his life. Rocky had/has wryneck we are on week 4 of treatments.
Happy is the exact same way. She can only be in viewing distance of the other 3 Orpingtons.... well she’s never liked them in the past. But i let them see each other and hap gets mad when they run to the other side of the brooder. Hap will definitely be a single bird we plan on building a lifted coop and run so that she is off the ground completely and only goes out on to the ground when she is with people.

I hear you there. I think Rocky will most likely we will be doing the same for Rocky. I am hoping his spinning will go away but then again i find heartening when he spins especially when i feed him like he says look look FOOD

I hope Happy Feet gets better soon. Stay the course. It does take time and effort but really worth it.

Back
Top Bottom