RodNTN's Animal Show!

not to mention i also want a rat!
lau.gif

So many gorgeous animals! Here's a couple of mine.

Name: Honey
Breed: Mutt from the SPCA (her Mum looked like a chocolate Labrador apparently)
Username: JaeG

When we got Honey as a puppy we had a very old cat who didn't put up with any puppy nonsense. So Honey is very cautious of cats (yet they love her bed and jump on whenever she gets off it - in the photo Lily is 'sharing'). Our two ragdolls occasionally smooch Honey and don't mind her dog dopiness but our deaf white rescue cat is not to be messed with! Honey is very excitable, always ready for action, and too smart for her own good, but highly food orientated so pretty easy to train. She should've been a lap dog. She hates being outside, especially when it is wet and muddy (but she loves to swim at the beach). She will often refuse to poop when it's too muddy for her liking, holding on for as long as she can! Drives me crazy!

Name: Mistletoe Snowman Santa Claus (we got her just before Christmas and our daughter who was 3 at the time named her)
Breed: Moggie

Mistletoe was dumped as a kitten at my husbands work. One of the young girls working there fostered her and spent a lot of money getting her healthy, but couldn't keep her. Mistletoe had cat flu and was in a very bad way and was almost euthanized because she was so sick. We already had indoor cats so Mistletoe came to live with us once she was all better. I adore her and she trusts me completely, but being completely deaf and having a lot of scarring on one eye which affects her vision, she isn't the most trusting with other people. She knows when it's me patting her (she has a very good nose so knows my scent) and is more tolerant of the kids these days. Having grown up with no kitten siblings she plays very rough and bites hard! She's a complete nut bar when she is playing though and always makes us laugh.

Name: Olive
Breed: Beagle
Username: henny1129
We got Olive from a rescue that rescues dogs from high-kill shelters in Kentucky. When the rescue got Olive she was very close to being euthanized, but I am so glad they got her! When we got Olive she was extremely malnourished but now she is the fattest Beagle ever!
1f602.png
She is so pretty though because she has "eyeliner" around her eyes.

Category: Beautiful

Name: Boog
Breed: Boer
Boog always knows when he is in trouble and he will just look at me with this guilty face, stop what he's doing and walk away and act like he's well behaved. It's so funny! In the picture he is eating chain that keeps the gate closed and knows he's not supposed to do it.

Category: Silliest

Name: Moo Cow
Breed: Buff Orpington
Moo Cow is my favorite chicken in our flock. She has a gimpy foot so she requires some special care and I really just enjoy spending time with her!

So many gorgeous animals! Here's a couple of mine.

Name: Honey
Breed: Mutt from the SPCA (her Mum looked like a chocolate Labrador apparently)

When we got Honey as a puppy we had a very old cat who didn't put up with any puppy nonsense. So Honey is very cautious of cats (yet they love her bed and jump on whenever she gets off it - in the photo Lily is 'sharing'). Our two ragdolls occasionally smooch Honey and don't mind her dog dopiness but our deaf white rescue cat is not to be messed with! Honey is very excitable, always ready for action, and too smart for her own good, but highly food orientated so pretty easy to train. She should've been a lap dog. She hates being outside, especially when it is wet and muddy (but she loves to swim at the beach). She will often refuse to poop when it's too muddy for her liking, holding on for as long as she can! Drives me crazy!

Oooh I love dogs! Hmm ... yeah, looks like part lab. That's an awesome picture - doesn't she get dizzy hanging her head down there?!
Name: Mistletoe Snowman Santa Claus (we got her just before Christmas and our daughter who was 3 at the time named her)
Breed: Moggie

Mistletoe was dumped as a kitten at my husbands work. One of the young girls working there fostered her and spent a lot of money getting her healthy, but couldn't keep her. Mistletoe had cat flu and was in a very bad way and was almost euthanized because she was so sick. We already had indoor cats so Mistletoe came to live with us once she was all better. I adore her and she trusts me completely, but being completely deaf and having a lot of scarring on one eye which affects her vision, she isn't the most trusting with other people. She knows when it's me patting her (she has a very good nose so knows my scent) and is more tolerant of the kids these days. Having grown up with no kitten siblings she plays very rough and bites hard! She's a complete nut bar when she is playing though and always makes us laugh.

She's pretty! Long name, too! That's great that you could take her in; I'm sure she very much appreciates that!
Name: Olive
Breed: Beagle
We got Olive from a rescue that rescues dogs from high-kill shelters in Kentucky. When the rescue got Olive she was very close to being euthanized, but I am so glad they got her! When we got Olive she was extremely malnourished but now she is the fattest Beagle ever!
1f602.png
She is so pretty though because she has "eyeliner" around her eyes.

Another dog! I've always loved the look of Beagles, but I've heard they're less than obedient!
Name: Boog
Breed: Boer
Boog always knows when he is in trouble and he will just look at me with this guilty face, stop what he's doing and walk away and act like he's well behaved. It's so funny! In the picture he is eating chain that keeps the gate closed and knows he's not supposed to do it.

Category: Silliest
Haha he looks like a piece of work!

Oooh I love dogs! Hmm ... yeah, looks like part lab. That's an awesome picture - doesn't she get dizzy hanging her head down there?!
She's pretty! Long name, too! That's great that you could take her in; I'm sure she very much appreciates that!
Another dog! I've always loved the look of Beagles, but I've heard they're less than obedient!
Haha he looks like a piece of work!

Yeah, I wouldn't say Olive's obedient.....real good at tracking rabbits though. :)

Haha! Yeah, Boog's a trouble maker, but a real sweetheart!

I love everybody's animals! Thanks for the entries, this is going to be a VERY hard decision to make! Reading about everybody's rescue animals makes me feel like getting in the animal rescuing business myself! I really want to rescue some battery hens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom