Roll Away Nest Box Pics Design/Plans?

Ok, I don't really have a comment to make because I don't view it as rude I guess and I don't know what an OP is so I'ma just joll with it and say ok...
Also I do think I should have stated that I got them off Pinterest and I just wanted to Inform you all about that, and my ADHD having brain thought you were talking to me specifically.

Outside, it will be a remodel using existing nest boxes or if that doesn’t seem possible, then build new ones.
I just finished doing some designs for some nest boxes. You can make two 4ft boxes with 4 nesting boxes each with just one sheet of plywood and a few 1x4s, 2 or 3 cuts at home depot and the rest just needs a circular saw. However my plans as of now are for interior placement. If you give me few days I can redesign for outside placement.

If you give me your max height and width I can get on it. Are there any features besides being a roll out. Like double access doors, What kind of door for the egg tray. Would you like it to open back or open forward to use as a counter to put your egg trays on while you collect the eggs?

Do you have a table saw? What tools do you have for this project?

I have not yet made they from these specific plans. Tho these are the same plans I have in my head every time I make one for someone. It's just the first time I am putting them to "paper". This is a sample of them. Link to more Images.

07.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I don't really have a comment to make because I don't view it as rude I guess and I don't know what an OP is so I'ma just joll with it and say ok...
An OP is Original Poster, AKA the Thread Starter.
Whenever you see someone quoting another person like I just did to you, that's who is being addressed.
When a person doesn't directly reply/quote a person it generally means that they are addressing the OP or everyone in general.

TY

An OP is Original Poster, AKA the Thread Starter.
Whenever you see someone quoting another person like I just did to you, that's who is being addressed.
When a person doesn't directly reply/quote a person it generally means that they are addressing the OP or everyone in general.

TY
Yeah I just for what ever reason completely missed that and started to reply.

I built mine as roll always. Mine are inside. But I wanted to say I used a 2x4 up sideways across the back. Then used a 2x2 for the front and I used some closet wire shelves and then adjusted the 2x2 until I got the slope I wanted its not at the front edge it’s back a ways so the front edge of the shelf (lower end) is at 0 and the back is at 3 1/2. Then I added the nest pads on top. These are the only couple of pics I got while building.

Attachments

• EED69D1C-5FC8-4D35-83B2-090E0604203A.jpeg
    EED69D1C-5FC8-4D35-83B2-090E0604203A.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 65E56B95-6145-4D8E-8209-496E258E529C.jpeg
    65E56B95-6145-4D8E-8209-496E258E529C.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 61
I put together a roll away box based off this basic design in the picture and it works well. I think it’s simple and effective design.
Only problem so far is the fake turf material i used in the box isn’t perfectly smooth so the eggs can get caught up. I’m thinking I’m going take it out and use a smooth yoga mat as the floor. The turf also attracts grass and dirt that the eggs can pick up.
IMG_3177.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom