Rolling Hills Toulouse Farm

Thank you for your concern. My wife has friends and relatives in the law enforcement and will look into this and advise us on what can be done. Hopefully this guy can come through and return our money back.

I had looked all around for the Giant Dewlap Toulouse. Metzer said they weren't breeding any this year for sale, that they were keeping the goslings. I left message after message for Celtic Farms and never got a return call. I decided to call a very reputable breeder, David Holderread. He breeds exhibition geese.and other waterfowl. (Holderreadwaterfowlfarms.com) I believe he has stopped breeding now.. I had put my order in Dec. for a May delivery, for the Giant Dewlap Toulouse. He ships no less than 4 birds. They could be mixed, like a pr of Toulouse and 2 ducks, or 2 pr. of Toulouse, which is what I ordered. A pr. of Toulouse cost $250.00, so the 2 pr. cost me $500.00 plus $27.00 shp. They kept in touch with me, asked what delivery date would be good, emailed when they hatched and when they were shipped. Communication was great and birds arrived healthy and happy. He's very well known and has wrote a few books. Good luck on getting your money back. Because this is an interstate fraud, perhaps the FBI can help you or direct you to someone that can.

I had looked all around for the Giant Dewlap Toulouse. Metzer said they weren't breeding any this year for sale, that they were keeping the goslings. I left message after message for Celtic Farms and never got a return call. I decided to call a very reputable breeder, David Holderread. He breeds exhibition geese.and other waterfowl. (Holderreadwaterfowlfarms.com) I believe he has stopped breeding now.. I had put my order in Dec. for a May delivery, for the Giant Dewlap Toulouse. He ships no less than 4 birds. They could be mixed, like a pr of Toulouse and 2 ducks, or 2 pr. of Toulouse, which is what I ordered. A pr. of Toulouse cost $250.00, so the 2 pr. cost me $500.00 plus $27.00 shp. They kept in touch with me, asked what delivery date would be good, emailed when they hatched and when they were shipped. Communication was great and birds arrived healthy and happy. He's very well known and has wrote a few books. Good luck on getting your money back. Because this is an interstate fraud, perhaps the FBI can help you or direct you to someone that can.

My wife bought our first pair of buff dewlap toulouse goslings here from a member. She was honest and responsive and even sent us pictures of the goslings after they hatched. She shipped us a sexed pair. The first year they laid a clutch of eggs but they were infertile. The second year a coyote jumped our fence and killed them. Last year we ordered from holderreadfarm, they couldn't fill our order so they kindly refunded our money, great company very responsive. This year my wife really wanted the buffs instead of the greys which holderreadfarm doesn't have, so we went with www.rollinghillstoulousefarm.com in mcfarland, wi.
Now she is left with no buffs and no refund. Update the guy still have not responded. It is ashame how people can run a business like this and still have their website up.

My wife bought our first pair of buff dewlap toulouse goslings here from a member. She was honest and responsive and even sent us pictures of the goslings after they hatched. She shipped us a sexed pair. The first year they laid a clutch of eggs but they were infertile. The second year a coyote jumped our fence and killed them. Last year we ordered from holderreadfarm, they couldn't fill our order so they kindly refunded our money, great company very responsive. This year my wife really wanted the buffs instead of the greys which holderreadfarm doesn't have, so we went with www.rollinghillstoulousefarm.com in mcfarland, wi.
Now she is left with no buffs and no refund. Update the guy still have not responded. It is ashame how people can run a business like this and still have their website up.
I think Elizabeth had some good advise about contacting FBI about internet fraud. Of course the guy maybe in South America by now no telling how many he swindled

Wow I wonder if you went on the Wisconsin thread if anyone knows if the address is legit?

or if they have ever heard of this place.

Last edited:
I'm originally from Wisconsin and when we farmed (an actual farm lol) I had never heard mention of the place myself. And that was as recent as two years ago, so either he's a scammer or he's new to the scene as a breeder within a few years. But given his site he claims he's been doing this awhile...I've tried looking for any reviews on him but can't find anything, like NOTHING at all good or bad, which sends a shiver up my spine. I'd look into internet fraud too if I were you. That's a lot of money to play with.

I am pretty sure he is a member here , he is just lurking behind. How hard is it to make it right to refund someone when you cannot provide what you offered, really???

I am pretty sure he is a member here , he is just lurking behind. How hard is it to make it right to refund someone when you cannot provide what you offered, really???
Agreed. If he got behind or didn't hatch enough to fill orders, he should at least have the personal and PROFESSIONAL courtesy of responding to buyers and apologizing. Along with offering to fix the issue however they choose. Not responding AT ALL (and I really hope he's a lurker and reads this) is not only RUDE but now his "company" is tarnished and fixing that will take YEARS, if ever. Very unbusiness-like. Not to mention unethical. I doubt he knows just how much word (good or bad) spreads amongst communities like ours here, and (even taking out any legal ramifications) he will known as a "bad egg".

I'm originally from Wisconsin and when we farmed (an actual farm lol) I had never heard mention of the place myself. And that was as recent as two years ago, so either he's a scammer or he's new to the scene as a breeder within a few years. But given his site he claims he's been doing this awhile...I've tried looking for any reviews on him but can't find anything, like NOTHING at all good or bad, which sends a shiver up my spine. I'd look into internet fraud too if I were you. That's a lot of money to play with.

Well there is definitely a BAD review on him now. Hope the words get out, so no one eles will fall victim of this bad farm. We have already taken the necessary steps to report this business.

Well there is definitely a BAD review on him now. Hope the words get out, so no one eles will fall victim of this bad farm. We have already taken the necessary steps to report this business.
I'm glad you did. I'm sorry this happened to you in the first place, but I'm glad you've taken steps to prevent others (hopefully) from going through the same. We'll help the word spread. Kudos to you for the heads up on this baddy.

We are blessed to have fourm boards like BYC in which we can learn and to also express our words and feelings for this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom