Rolly baby chick...

coupelesschics

Chirping
Aug 30, 2020
Hello everyone!! I had one of my chicks hatch about 26 hrs ago. All was good! She was doing normal bulldozing eggs in the incubator. This morning she can't walk. Het legs don't look splayed and there's no toe curling. She will stand a lol bit with help, otherwise shr falls to het side legs stretched out. Any ideas?

Yup, mashed up hard boiled egg yolk. You could add a little water too if you're worried about them being dehydrated.

I also have found mixing the chick crumbles with water so it's an oatmeal consistency helped my "runt" chick gain some weight and all my chicks get past their pastey butt phase faster. So I'd recommend that just in general for all of them.

Yup, mashed up hard boiled egg yolk. You could add a little water too if you're worried about them being dehydrated.

I also have found mixing the chick crumbles with water so it's an oatmeal consistency helped my "runt" chick gain some weight and all my chicks get past their pastey butt phase faster. So I'd recommend that just in general for all of them.
Thanks I will try that!!

Could the material be too slick? For example newspaper?
In the incubatorit was hardware cloth so definitely not slippery. I think it might be splayed leg.
16136253082951143276485561787233.jpg

OK. So I've been researching and I don't think it's splayed leg. I think it's a tendon. He always wants to be on his side. I just can't pin point it exactly. I will see if I can do a video. I do have him wrapped for splayed leg but I was thinking maybe it's just on one leg. If it's a tendon do I need to keep him off of it?

Back
Top Bottom