Roo attack

Agathas

Chirping
Feb 11, 2020
Ok so i have a silkie roo that attacked his second hen. Killed first one instantly. He is a silkie and isnt matting as of yet. My silkie hens are not laying. I got all 3 at the same time same breeder. My hens neck is broke i believe. But she is still alive. Ive been giving her metacam for inflation and little baby asprin. I switch back and forth not given at same time.. Can i cet some openions as what else i can do besides killing her. May be a option down the line.. I have video..thanks. Im going to babyfood tonite . im also giving electrolytes at this time.. Wont let me upload video. She can stand but has her neck all bent down and backward and her face then is pointing up . but she is looking at me when i feed water or medicate her. She isnt making hurtfull sounds either. Thats the best i can explain..

If she can stand then I don't think her neck would be broken. There must be something else wrong. Test her feet. Do they have a perching instinct?

Well . kinda sorta. She can put pressure on them but her equal liberum is so off she really cant. She leaves her feet flat she dont try to lock on. I have to hold her head on my arm as i hold her to give water or her face would be upside down. She dont really lift her head off the ground. I can attach pics but its basically her but in air or she is in a pile . when she does stand its for a second and her poor head she takes it around in a circle at body level never above that. I hate that i cant upload a video. Cause i sound crazy explaning it all

Attachments

• 15916234918893177612797435825232.jpg
    15916234918893177612797435825232.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 15916235788634581605948173265046.jpg
    15916235788634581605948173265046.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 3
I'm really sorry about your hen. I don't think there's much you can do at this point. Just keep her comfortable and maybe slowly drip some water into her mouth.

Ok so i have a silkie roo that attacked his second hen. Killed first one instantly. He is a silkie and isnt matting as of yet. My silkie hens are not laying. I got all 3 at the same time same breeder. My hens neck is broke i believe. But she is still alive. Ive been giving her metacam for inflation and little baby asprin. I switch back and forth not given at same time.. Can i cet some openions as what else i can do besides killing her. May be a option down the line.. I have video..thanks. Im going to babyfood tonite . im also giving electrolytes at this time.. Wont let me upload video. She can stand but has her neck all bent down and backward and her face then is pointing up . but she is looking at me when i feed water or medicate her. She isnt making hurtfull sounds either. Thats the best i can explain..

How old are your silkies? Did you actually see him kill the other one? And did you see him attack this one?

Silkies are prone to neurological problems, so it might just be a coincidence and not the actual "attack" which I would rather see as a mating attempt until more specific information is provided.

When did you last de-worm these silkies?

Instead of plain water you might add some vitamins or Nutri Drench.

Back
Top Bottom