roo attack

Ricks Chicks

Songster
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
Leicester, Massachusetts
I walked into my coop this morning and my roo came after me peeking my legs and screeching up a storm. took me off guard I booted him across the run , I didn't hurt him, he came right back , I yelled and he coward away. is this normal or should i make him soup and get another?

If it was a first time, set him straight now or you will have trouble.

Was there any reason he could have been upset...like a loud noise startling him, dog nearby etc etc. What were you wearing?

I usually give them one (non deadly) kick - if they don't get it after that (and keep on with the behavior) they find a new home , or go to live with the Chicken Gods.

Peace -
Meri

Quote:
Exactly! - what were you wearing? Something set him off and sometimes that something goes unnoticed by us humans.
If he keeps it up and it's not something you are doing to provoke the behavior, then you can try to reform him or introduce him to the dumplings.

GREAT TOPIC!!!! I have a new hampshire 6mos. old. He loves attacking my 4 yr old grand daughter. I told her to kick at him. He came from behind and got my leg. I chased him all over the yard. I cought him and isolated him from everyone else. Like time out!!! He has behaved hisself for two days now. I also have a white wyondotte roo that will act like he wants to flog me, but I honestly think he's playing with me. I'll pick him up, he's just a big baby.

RoosterRed has a good personal page on how to deal with these creatures.
smile.png

HMMM I will have to look it up and post link!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom