Roo? Cuckoo maran x

whatthecluck

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 30, 2009
VeRmOnT
Please tell me Zoe is not a roo....I swear lately she is looking more upright, leggier, and her tail feathers have me paranoid. Also what is she/he crossed with do you think?
Heres the latest pics at 3 months:
(crosses would be from:
Black Copper Marans Roo, Wheaten Marans Roo, Blue Ameraucana Roo, Welsummer Roo over the following hens:
Cuckoo Marans, Deleware, Welsummer, Wheaten Marans, Black, Blue and Wheaten Ameraucanas.)
zoegoodsideview.jpg

zoe3monthsside.jpg

zoeupright.jpg

zoe3months.jpg

zoeleftside.jpg

zoelayingwithviolet.jpg

zoevioletlaying.jpg

If Zoe is only about 12wks, I would guess it's a rooster. It's kind of hard for me to see if it has hackle/sickle feathers because of the patterning, but it's tail feathers do look roosterish.

I have 3 cuckoo maran pullets from Ideal and they're weeks and none have a comb that big or red. So I would think it's a rooster. I do have two red frizzle bantam roosters same age and they are crowing and chasing the girls. In fact they showed agressive behaviour weeks ago. I'd say see how it acts.

it kind of looks like a hen I had a while back. looked just like a rooster but laid eggs and hatrchced me up a big batch of chicks. maybe roo.

Back
Top Bottom