• Total voters

Whitney0h

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2019
North TX
DFB7839E-A7A3-473A-B072-30E0F2D92CEF.jpeg
16081B54-5FCE-4A1E-8136-96790526ABC8.jpeg
16081B54-5FCE-4A1E-8136-96790526ABC8.jpeg

I have 4 Silkie cockerels who are 1 week shy of their 8 month birthday. Can you possibly get a better closer picture of the hackle feathers with the back of the head?
To my eye from the photo above I honestly could not tell you. Potential head streamers are what I still see, then an anemic looking set of hackle feathers, no big fat walnut comb(comb photo please)....The tail says maybe.... still that chicken is ambiguous to me. Would this one be the first rooster in your flock if it is one? Reason I ask is heshe should be wing flapping other hens to claim them, at 5 months mine were mating the pullets and crowing. Does this bird flare the hackles when in a standoff with others?

I have 4 Silkie cockerels who are 1 week shy of their 8 month birthday. Can you possibly get a better closer picture of the hackle feathers with the back of the head?
To my eye from the photo above I honestly could not tell you. Potential head streamers are what I still see, then an anemic looking set of hackle feathers, no big fat walnut comb(comb photo please)....The tail says maybe.... still that chicken is ambiguous to me. Would this one be the first rooster in your flock if it is one? Reason I ask is heshe should be wing flapping other hens to claim them, at 5 months mine were mating the pullets and crowing. Does this bird flare the hackles when in a standoff with others?
She/he is not aggressive but is definitely the alpha (gets food first). It’s the friendliest chicken I have (I only have 3). Also, no crowing but it’s more verbal than the others.

I’ve not ever seen it do the wing flapping or ever try to mate or flare hackles.

Back
Top Bottom