Roo or Pullet EE?

i guess we'll cross our fingers for two pullets:). Sounds like if it is a roo, we'll probably keep it since we have none (and provided it doesn't become too much of a nuissance). Thankfully they live in a rural area.

forgot my camera cable, so I can't upload. Pretty sure now the one without the tail is a roo. Any issues to having a rooster in the hen house...litterally. That is our only rooster.

Then he's a happy rooster! I wouldn't bet on it being a roo yet, EEs are very tricky. I had one I swore was a rooster, but she laid an egg and settled that finally
wink.png

I bought some EE's (two are supposedly Ameraucanas) from a guy and tried my best to pick pullets from the large selection he had. I got one that is supposedly a splash Ameraucana. I hoped and hoped it was a pullet. I posted pics here and the general consensus was it was a girl. I became suspicious when I noticed that its legs were really thick, moreso than the others. Then, the pointed feathers started showing up around the tail and neck. I was still hoping for a fluke of nature to make it a girl. Alas, one day it crowed. Today, he is no doubt a very beautiful boy.

I've noticed with all the roos I have and have had that thick legs were the first clue of their roo-ness.

Updated photos..........about 15 weeks old now

44688_cimg0811.jpg

I think the front one is the suspect

44688_cimg0823.jpg

44688_cimg0836.jpg

44688_cimg0833.jpg

44688_cimg0837.jpg

pretty sure this one is a pullet...posted for comparison

44688_cimg0839.jpg

Back
Top Bottom