roo or pullet?

abooot99

Chirping
12 Years
Jun 12, 2009
New Ipswich
8-9 week old chick- I posted yesterday but only got two responses and someone highjacked my post. lol...So one at a time- I willl try again...
big_smile.png

34108_mostly_chickens_055.jpg

[/img][/img]
34108_mostly_chickens_054.jpg

34108_mostly_chickens_052.jpg

34108_mostly_chickens_039.jpg

Thanks!

I agree that these chicks look younger than 8 weeks. Who told you they were that age? At about 4-6 weeks there should be signs as to their gender. Look at feathers on back (roos have less) and size of legs (roos are larger). Be patient. Time will tell.
Good luck
fl.gif

I have had these chicks for 5 weeks total and the lady said that they were 1-2 weeks old when I got them. So, they are all at least 6 weeks. So, maybe 6-7 weeks old. Opps. But, I have some that have completely feathered out that are alot bigger than this one. He is one of the smaller ones. Is it possible he's a banty?

Are all your guesses still staying the same given that I was off on the age a bit? The lady sold me 10 chicks- some she hatched and some she got from the hatchery- but they've been together all along.

I really hope he is a she.
Thanks

looks like a pullet, but like the others said, it looks younger. It looks like there is quite a bit of down on her yet. Mine are around 7 weeks old and are quite a bit bigger, and the down is pretty much gone.

Back
Top Bottom