roo or pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by abooot99, Jun 13, 2009.

1. abooot99

abooot99 In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    New Ipswich
    8-9 week old chick- I posted yesterday but only got two responses and someone highjacked my post. lol...So one at a time- I willl try again...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/img][/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    kind of looks like a pullet to me but i'm still a noob lol

3. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Songster

I think it's a pullet, but it looks much younger than 8 or 9 weeks to me.

4. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    yeah I'd say pullet too, but I agree, looks about 3 to 4 weeks, tops.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Id say pullet at 8-9 weeks but it really looks alot younger 4 weeks at most?

6. I agree that these chicks look younger than 8 weeks. Who told you they were that age? At about 4-6 weeks there should be signs as to their gender. Look at feathers on back (roos have less) and size of legs (roos are larger). Be patient. Time will tell.
    Good luck [​IMG]

7. abooot99

abooot99 In the Brooder

Jun 12, 2009
    New Ipswich
    I have had these chicks for 5 weeks total and the lady said that they were 1-2 weeks old when I got them. So, they are all at least 6 weeks. So, maybe 6-7 weeks old. Opps. But, I have some that have completely feathered out that are alot bigger than this one. He is one of the smaller ones. Is it possible he's a banty?

Are all your guesses still staying the same given that I was off on the age a bit? The lady sold me 10 chicks- some she hatched and some she got from the hatchery- but they've been together all along.

I really hope he is a she.
    Thanks

8. eggsited chickens

eggsited chickens Songster

May 15, 2009
    SW Michigan
    looks like a pullet, but like the others said, it looks younger. It looks like there is quite a bit of down on her yet. Mine are around 7 weeks old and are quite a bit bigger, and the down is pretty much gone.

9. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Songster

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    It looks like a pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: