Roo or Pullet?

shell25

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Derbyshire
Hiya
Recently found out one of my girls was a boy, swapped for hopefully another girl, Im just hoping one of the pullets we got with him is a she and not he, no crowing yet, but how she acts makes me wonder, if i open the coop roof rather than putting head down like my other pullet she stands tall looking at me and does something weird in her body. Her comb was really pink and as just started growing. in the pics she's around 11 weeks old.

Please please tell me ive got a girl! Its the BR in question. (sorry about the pics)

Thanks

Last edited:
At 11 weeks that comb and wattles seem a little large and are pretty red. IMO they should be more like the pullet to its side. I think the coloring says pullet but the comb/wattles say roo. I think you are going to have to wait and see on this one a little longer before it becomes more clear.

I'd say pullet. With Barred Rocks, the roosters have lighter coloring than the pullets.
wink.png

Pullet. I just raised a Bantam BR, he is pictured with my user name in the thumbnail. He was about 12 weeks at the time he was photographed,
note the comb and lighter feathers.

Last edited:
Looks more like a pullet due to fatter black than white barring. Does she have a good gray wash on the front of he legs (I can't tell from picture)? If so that also points to pullet too.
confetti.gif
She may be the top gal which can make them stand more erect--my BLRW who is number one in the pecking order does this. Just remember the cardinal rule--only when they lay eggs is it a girl for sure!

Back
Top Bottom