9 Years
May 1, 2010
Alvarado, TX
56092_pic3.jpeg

56092_pic4.jpeg

The one bent over has some sort of freaky thing going on with its wings
56092_pic2.jpeg

I am on the fence with these 2
The smaller one is 1 week younger than the taller one.

The one on the left, my first guess would be roo because of how big it comb and the one one the right (is that the one on the left in the last pic?) if it is I'd say pullet!!

Missi

Quote:
the one on the left is the one that has a bigger comb the one on the right is also the one in the last picture.
Both were lighter gray in color than their sisters and that was why I chose them, but now I am not so sure about the smallest one.
Its comb is crooked and hard to get a picture of and is mashed down I tried pushing it up but then it falls back down.
It also has some weird thing going on with its feathers like its wings are to large for its body and the feathers go all over the place.
I guess they go through awkward stages...

Last edited:
Barred Rock roos are much lighter than the pullets but I do have one out of 15 that is noticeably lighter than the others and she's a she!! So who knows!! Search 4 week old Barred Rocks and you'll find lots of pics you can compare them too!!

Missi

Quote:
yea i have and I have raised Barred rocks which is one of the reason I tried to find the lightest one with the clear legs without the dark lines in them but I see like a tiny bit of dark on the last BR in the last Picture with the freaky feathers.

I never had one whos wings went flipped out like that and so large.

I lost my BR rooster Saturday and I was trying to replace him. These were the only 2 light colored clear legged ones in the bunch.
So I am hoping both will be roos.........

Might be especially if your wierd winged one has a larger cone that's just not standing up right!! Hope you get what you want!!

Missi

Last edited:
He seems to only do it when we handle him as if we bore him or something but in the coop with the other chickens he is full of life.
I was thinking maybe its a defense thing so we think he is sleeping maybe we wont touch him sort of thing.
He runs and jumps and plays all over the place but when we want to handle him he pretends to nod off.

The other one is very curious of everything the crazy winged one is more skitish thats another reason why I was thinking Pullet my girls are always very cautious of everything and every sound. My roo Mr Grey the one we lost or was eaten ugh he was always very curious and I guess this time he got him self in a pickle he couldnt get out of this time.

Any way at least maybe 1 will be roo, I can always go back later and Pick another or wait till they start laying eggs and hatch one.

Back
Top Bottom