Roo-Roo...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TamiHunter, Nov 21, 2009.

1. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I lost my favorite roo this morning. Roo-Roo had been fighting a respiratory cold for about a week or so. When I first noticed it I put him in the house and started him on antibiotics. He seemed to do better after a couple days so I put him back out. Also purchased some Vet Rx and I was putting some on his nose and under his wings. I had been meaning to go out and clean up all the straw out in their run area, but never did, thinking there has to be mold under all that. Now look...my favorite rooster is gone! I know there is more I could have done...I knew something was wrong when I opened the coop door this morning and didn't see him come out...I am kicking myself in the rear cause I know I could have done more for him and didn't!!! RIP Roo-Roo, he will be missed...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I am sorry to hear u lost your roo. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    That's always a sick feeling when you see one of your birds dead on the floor of the coop.

Hang in there.

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I'm sorry [​IMG] to hear that your Roo-Roo died I know how it feels to lose a loved one [​IMG]

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    Sorry for your loss.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by