roo "surfing" on hen

My Hubby encourages our roo, he will tell Owl, "Go get some!" and the little stinker does!
lau.gif

Last night after putting everyone in the run, we are standing outside watching them, and in a span of 15 min. Owl "Surfed" 8 hens.

Last week, Owl called the girls in to the run, and he is standing to the side of the door to the run. One of the Buffies (BO) walks in, and Owl, grabs her by the back of the neck, swings her around, mounts, does his thing & was done. She was squawking for all she was worth, but very "Cave Man" like.
gig.gif
gig.gif
It was like, "You My Woman, Me Want To Mate, Come Here Now!" He does dance a little in the morning, but then he is chasing them around the run, and they are scattering all over to get away from him.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

i like the cave man story
smile.png

today my mum let them out as slept too late and she said she hear his first attempt at crowing .

now i have to convince her it was not or she will have it stuck in her head now and everything she hears will be crowing !

its a struggle to convince her it will be fine with him here i think thats why im more of a worry wort !!!!

Back
Top Bottom