Roo vacuum - Definition

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jun 16, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Roo va*cu*um

[roo] [vak-yoom, -yoo-uhm, -yuhm]

adjective; sometimes used as a noun

An occurrence. An event that occurs whenever you re-home excess roosters; only to have questionable chicks "blossom" into roosters seemingly overnight, to fill the void! [​IMG]

Rowdy and Cash went to their new home on Tuesday. Today "Luna", a polish is sporting wattles that weren't there on Tuesday and "Betsy", OMG, Betsy! I just watched Betsy (11 weeks old) top one of my brahma hens, easily 4Xs his size. [​IMG]

The funny part? She let him. [​IMG]

The even funnier part? She then turned around and stomped his butt into the dirt. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    That must be frustrating!
    That's hilarious though, how she let him get away with it and then told him what for! >_<

3. LaneHill

LaneHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Endless Mountains PA
    Agreed, frustrating
    BUT
    Betsy is too funny! [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks &amp; Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Betsy is going to need a new name, but the only suggestion so far - Burt - I don't like. [​IMG]

5. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    I'm not even going to make a smart butt comment on that one today. It's just not in me. (plus i have 9 that I "think" are girls and don't wanna jinx it) As far as Betsy goes...[​IMG].

6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    How about Eddie?

7. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    At 11 weeks??? WOW!

Tell us a bit about Betsy. Size, color, pattern, breed, something to hang a name on.

What brand vacuum cleaner do you have? Maybe call him Hoover?

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair &amp; Feathers

Quote:Even if you DON'T have one of these, call him DYSON!
    [​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks &amp; Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Even if you DON'T have one of these, call him DYSON!
    [​IMG]

I love it! [​IMG]

Betsy is Thor's son, dark brahma over light. Looks just like TJ, only smaller; white with black highlights. We watched him mount one of the SFs this evening. Gotta give the kid points for style. He's alot less clumsy than TJ.

Linda, I have two german shedders. They kill vacuum cleaners about once a year. Dyson's would be a waste of money. Eureka doesn't sound like such a good name. [​IMG]

10. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Well I can emphathize with rooster vacuum. I just put an add in the auction to rehome my extras.
    Also, have 1 Momma with 2 new babies and I am not sure what sex the chicks are yet. 2 other broodies with eggs getting closer to hatch day. Sure hope I get more girls than boys. Girls are easier to sell.

If you were close we could do a swap. 8 fully feathered boys for one trahma. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by