Roo wattle bleeding, pecking at it himself

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
I made the mistake of trying to rehome my roo. I brought him to someone who had other roos. Long story short, I brought him back home with me. He fought one of the roos and his wattle got cut. I had the bleeding under control until bed tonight. I went to close up the coop and there was blood all over him. HE is picking at his own wattle! How can I stop him? Help!

Can you get a picture of his wattles in the morning? The bleeding should stop on it’s own, but if you could bring him inside in a crate overnight to monitor him, it would help. Flour and corn starch can be helpful to clot blood.

Can you get a picture of his wattles in the morning? The bleeding should stop on it’s own, but if you could bring him inside in a crate overnight to monitor him, it would help. Flour and corn starch can be helpful to clot blood.
He has crate PTSD now after the trip and panicked when I attempted to crate him. The girls aren't bothering him at all. I figured it would be less stressful for him. I'll take a pic in the morning. There are multiple wounds 😞

Back
Top Bottom