ROO, what does this mean?

We've all been there...
lau.gif

Jody

Quote:
It's normal, it happens often.

When he does it, pick him up and hold him for a few minutes. You can pet him or check his feathers, look him over while you have him. Eventually he should stop because it helps show him that you're dominate to him.

Since I am new to chickens, and I only have 1 roo who looks at me with disdain at best.... I can only relate my experience with parrots.

They definitely do get attached. When I moved in with hubby, his female Eclectus Scarlett, HATED me!!! I was a rival, she would scream if we kissed, bite me if I went near her, and give me that "haha, he's mine" look if Mike held her. After lots of love, patience, and TREATS she finally loved me too.

Oh, my point! She chose Mike as her "mate", she would get into "position" if you petted her the "right" way. She would regurgitate food for him. It was funny to watch, not so fuuny to experience. One morning I had taken her out while getting ready for work. I placed her on Mike's chest while I went to finish getting ready, he opened his mouth to talk to me, and she regurged right into it! He was NOT pleased!

Take Roos devotion as a compliment. He loves you!

Back
Top Bottom