roof vents?

mudpaw

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
West Point, GA
Wondering if anyone here has used a roof vent on their hen house? I have a smallish coop and I think it has good ventilation (virtually no smell in there and nice and dry), but I'm in the deep south, and in the summer I don't want it to become a chicken poop-scented sauna in there
sickbyc.gif
...and hot air moves up..so.... I already have a vent...it's the type you'd use to vent an attic or similar space (this it is, pretty much, though mine's made for a gabled/sloped roof : http://ventmastersstore.com/shop/images/RV51black.JPG ) . It's screened inside and I plan to make a removable door/cover so it can be sealed on the colder nights (I mean "cold" for down here-like the 20's-and occasionally the 'teens). What do you think ?

yeah, I've got lots of other passive ventilation already (the eave/soffit areas on 2 walls, large screened cut-out sort of area on the front and back-like a gable-end vent on a house) as well as one 3.5' x 1.5' open-able window (another to be added above the nest boxes, come spring time). I just wonder about how the extreme humid weather will affect the ventilation in the summer down here (I'm in mid-GA)...

Back
Top Bottom