Rookie has a question after first successful hatch!

CTyanks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 22, 2012
Connecticut
This one hatched overnight and I am wondering how long it can stay in the incubator? I have 8 others in the incubator with no signs of beginning to hatch. I don't want to open the bator and disturb others however I'd like to get this one out and under the Eco glow. Any advice is appreciated.

It will be fine I would wait it out. Chicks can stay in there without food and water for 2-3 days. Never had one die yet and occassionally had to wait to the closer of 3 days. just remember when hatcheries ship chicks at day old seldom do they have food and water for that time. They are plenty nourished from the yolk still.

Just but your hands under legs and sit on them .Patients will Win ...Makomd is right 3days is just fine
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

This one hatched overnight and I am wondering how long it can stay in the incubator? I have 8 others in the incubator with no signs of beginning to hatch. I don't want to open the bator and disturb others however I'd like to get this one out and under the Eco glow. Any advice is appreciated.

Agree, unless its dry and overly panting, then your ok to grab him out fast, but they can go for a day or two in there, believe it or not its chirping and movement in there willl MAJORLY encourage the others to hatch!! CONGRATS!!! any more pipping??

Back
Top Bottom