Rookie in Indianapolis

welcome-byc.gif

Hello Everyone!

My DH and I are brand spankin' newbies to the chicken raising world. After reviewing so much information on this site, I decided to join. It's refreshing to see something on the internet worth reading for a change and I love, love, love all of the awesome information, tips and how-to's!

My DH and I just lost our 13 yr old dobie, Daisy, to Wobbler's on Tuesday (still crying over this daily). So to help us through our grieving we decided, "Why not chickens?!" Yes, we had been contemplating this for quite some time, but with our ol' girl failing, it didn't seem like an appropriate time to have our attention focused elsewhere. Now that she's gone (we miss her oh soooo much), we have the time to devote to our new batch of youngins- 6 Rhode Island Red chicks (we purchased on Wednesday.)

It's a new adventure and we are very excited for when these little ladies will begin providing us with wonderful, fresh eggs!

Thanks to BYC and all of the knowledgable bloggers! Your insight is becoming our most valued resource.

God Bless!

Welcome!
woot.gif
Join us over at Indiana BYC'ers anytime you need some advice or just to chat!

Welcome to BYC. Sorry for your loss. When our last Golden died, my wife and I cried for 6 months and said, "No more house dogs." Dani, our latest Golden, is now 6 years old.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom