Room temperature for brooder

Sylvia0223

Chirping
Sep 8, 2021
Hey, so my chicks are at 2 weeks old and the brooder is set up in my house by the window. They have a heating plate in the brooder, brooder is actually a coop with windows on all 3 sides with wire mesh so they do have a good air circulation. We keep it 77 at the house. My question is if I open a window at night about an inch crack and it’s 68 outside, will it be too cold for baby chicks in the brooder that is next to the window ? Or it doesn’t matter since they have a heating plate inside the coop the coop area will remain at that temperature? I just want to get some fresh air in the house at night.

Ryguy3684

Here comes the Rooster
Premium Feather Member
May 29, 2020
Fauquier County, Virginia, United States.
As long as there's not a cold, direct draft blowing on them, they'll be fine. At those temperatures, a light draft wouldn't be the end of the world. I brood mine in the garage, and it gets very cold for the winter/early spring broods. I always use a heat plate and they've always been happy and healthy.

Jweav

Chirping
Aug 3, 2021
I have a question of heat also, my lamp went out and I have no other bulb. I took them inside where currently it is at 75° 3week old chicks?

Jweav

Chirping
Aug 3, 2021
5 chicks, I have the heat on 75°f should be about that all night, they'll stay in until I get another lamp

Top Bottom