room temperature for letting quail eggs rest

JFrench

Chirping
Apr 15, 2023
Greetings Fellow Bird Lovers! :) I'm Jean and am incubating my first batch of quail eggs received through the mail. Here is my question-the eggs just arrived in the mail today and I am choosing to let them rest for 24 hours. My incubation room is a toasty 78 degrees and the incubators are warming. Should I let my quail eggs rest in the incubation room or in the another room at 68 degrees? Thanks for your insights!

Hello and welcome to BYC!

Eggs should set on your counter for a couple few days, large end up, before setting. Give the eggs a twist a couple times a day until setting in your machine. It's best to store these eggs around 50 to 60 degrees, if temps get above 68, they can start to develop and you don't want this. So if 68 degrees is all you have, keep them there.

Good luck with your hatch, keep us posted!

Hello and welcome to BYC!

Eggs should set on your counter for a couple few days, large end up, before setting. Give the eggs a twist a couple times a day until setting in your machine. It's best to store these eggs around 50 to 60 degrees, if temps get above 68, they can start to develop and you don't want this. So if 68 degrees is all you have, keep them there.

Good luck with your hatch, keep us posted!
Great to know! Thanks a bunch my friend! And I'll be glad to let you know how it goes! :)

Back
Top Bottom